Every night, we have a routine with Matt - before bed, Matt has to go pee pee and brush his teeth, wash his hands, read three books (2 short ones and 1 long one (the wizard of oz is what we are reading right now) and a letter from the gospel ABC's), then drink a glass of milk, pray, and Sean or I tuck him in. That usually takes about 30 minutes. Oh then there's one last thing that Matt does when we say good night - he says, "I have a question!" When Sean or I (depending on who's doing the routine with him) say, "What's your question?" And the questions are usually hi-larious!
These are some of the questions he's asked so far -
1) Why does the Sun come up?
2) Why do boys go to sleep?
3) Why do boys AND girls sleep?
4) Why do we dream?
5) When is Santa coming? (I really have no idea where he learned about Santa. Sean and I never talked about him. He must have learned it from a TV show... Nice.)
The list goes on... but he asks some of the most random and funniest things ever. When he asked me why the Sun comes up every morning, I thought about explaining to him about how the Earth spins and all the stuff about the universe and all... but then I figured that would be a little too much for Matty to handle at this point... so I simply said, "So that we can have happy days when the Sun comes up and happy night when the Moon comes up" I think he appreciated that answer because now he's always talking about happy days and how we should always open the blinds when the Sun is up so that we can enjoy our happy days. I love sticking to this routine - Matt loves the one-on-one interaction, too, we get to bond stronger and we all love it. Our boy is growing so fast... I'll miss this age when Matt gets old enough that he won't want us in his bedroom anymore. Ugh, I can already see that happening.. little stinker... but until then, we'll try our best to stick to this routine. :)
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment